I am a multi award-winning creative director, director and copywriter with over ten years experience in advertising and broadcast creative. During that time I have worked for a diverse range of international brands such as 4Creative, TVNZ, FIVE, ITV Creative, MTV UK, Discovery, and RedBeeMedia, as well as London agencies such as Mother, Kream and BDA. As you would expect from someone with my work history I am a hugely experienced director, editor, copywriter and ideas generator, and have worked across every content genre, media and platform. I am currently employed as a Creative Manager at UKTV, leading the creative team working on Dave, REALLY and VOD service UKTV Play. I have consistently received industry awards for my work, most recently winning both Gold and Silver for commercial work in the Best Sponsorship category at Promax UK 2018, as well as a Drum OOH Award for copywriting on the Dave ‘Always On’ campaign.
You can contact me at email@example.com
Promax UK 2018
Best Sponsorship Integration, GOLD AWARD – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Best Sponsorship Integration, SILVER AWARD – Tesco Mobile/Weekends on Dave
Best Out Of Home Advertising, SILVER AWARD – Always On.., Dave
FAB Awards 2018
Guerilla Marketing FABULOUS and FAB WINNER – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Best Use of Media SILVER WINNER – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Creative Circle Awards 2018
Best Branded Entertainment – Digital, Direct + Experiential Category SILVER WINNER – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Promax Europe 2018
Best On-Air Consumer Tie-In/Brand Integrated Spots, GOLD AWARD – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Best Channel Key Art/Poster Campaign, SILVER AWARD – Always On.., Dave
Best Integrated Marketing Campaign For A Programme, SILVER AWARD – Taskmaster Series 4 Launch, Dave
Promax UK 2017
Best VOD or OTT Service Promotion, SILVER AWARD – Dave on UKTV Play, UKTV Play
Best VOD or OTT Service Promotion, BRONZE AWARD – UKTV Play Xmas, UKTV Play
Promax Europe 2017
Best General Brand Campaign, SILVER AWARD – REALLY Brand 2016, REALLY
Promax UK 2016
Best General Channel Image Spot, GOLD AWARD – REALLY Brand 2016, REALLY
Best Use Of Animation, GOLD AWARD – Escape Christmas, Dave
Something For Nothing, BRONZE AWARD – Murder Made Me Famous, REALLY
2010 Best Interactive, Promax ANZ, BRONZE AWARD – Get More Of What You Love – TVNZ Online, TVNZ
Creative Manager – Dave, W, REALLY, UKTV Play & Network
June 2015 – Present
• Creative Head at UKTV, responsible for Dave, REALLY and UKTV Play
• Originating, developing and signing-off creative across three different brands
• Managing a team of five creatives plus freelance headcount
• Conceiving, writing, directing and editing larger scale projects
• Fostering positive collaborative relationships with five separate teams of Marketing stakeholders
• Liaising with external agencies to generate and deliver 360 off-air and digital campaigns.
• Responsible for team appointments, employee development and performance management
• Cover responsibilities for the Creative Director in his absence
• Key recent projects include the rebrand and launch of the W channel, ongoing quarterly brand campaigns on Dave, development work on the UKTV Play brand and pushing the crime genre on REALLY
May 2010 – May 2015
• Senior creative role working for a variety of broadcast and agency clients, on brands including Stella, Nintendo, Channel 4, E4, SyFy, MTV, BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three and ITV.
April 2009 – April 2010
• Lead creative role within the Creative Services department at New Zealand’s state broadcaster TVNZ.
• Solely responsible for the promo creative and branding across digital channels TVNZ 6 and TVNZ 7, as well as the on-air presence of TVNZ Online and Emerging Business.
• Managed a core team of 5 promo creatives, and provided daily feedback and creative sign-off to a team of 20 creatives working across a variety of programme genres and projects.
• Devised, directed and edited brand projects across terrestrial channels TVONE and TV2, including rebrands and online initiatives.
• Key role in department management including brand direction, promo allocation, new appointments and performance management.
September 2006 – March 2009
• Senior creative role producing and editing originated and clip-based on-air promos for FIVE, FIVE US and FIVER, as well as corporate and special ops commissions and network marketing projects.
• Worked with a Creative Director, Lead Creative and a team of Producers to conceive innovative and brand-defining solutions to brief.
• Fostered positive collaborations with designers, editors and directors to constantly achieve the highest possible quality of promo execution.
• Developed strong internal relationships to ensure brand accuracy and satisfaction of internal clients.
BA Honours Film & English Studies – First Class
University Of East Anglia, Norwich (1997-2000)
B-Tec Foundation Course in Art & Design – Merit Award (specialising in Graphic Design)
University Of Kingston (1996-1997)
A Levels – Art (A), English (A), Mathematics (B)
Sondes Place School, Surrey (1994-1996)