I am a multi award-winning creative director, director and copywriter with over ten years experience in advertising and broadcast creative. During that time I have worked for a diverse range of international brands such as 4Creative, TVNZ, FIVE, ITV Creative, MTV UK, Discovery, and RedBeeMedia, as well as London agencies such as Mother, Kream and BDA. I have a proven track record as a creative team builder and leader, as well as a curator and guardian of brands. As you would expect from someone with my work history I am also a hugely experienced director, editor, copywriter and ideas generator, and have worked across every content genre, media and platform. I am currently employed as a Creative Manager at UKTV, leading the creative team working on Dave, REALLY and VOD service UKTV Play. I have consistently received industry awards for my work, most recently winning both Gold and Silver for commercial work in the Best Sponsorship category at Promax UK 2018, as well as a Drum OOH Award for copywriting on the Dave ‘Always On’ campaign.
You can contact me at email@example.com
PromaxBDA Europe 2019
Best Channel Key Art Campaign, GOLD WINNER – Always On…, Dave
The Drum 2018 OOH Awards
Best Use Of Long Copy , GOLD WINNER – Always On…, Dave
Promax UK 2018
Best Sponsorship Integration, GOLD AWARD – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Best Sponsorship Integration, SILVER AWARD – Tesco Mobile/Weekends on Dave
Best Out Of Home Advertising, SILVER AWARD – Always On.., Dave
FAB Awards 2018
Guerilla Marketing FABULOUS and FAB WINNER – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Best Use of Media SILVER WINNER – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Creative Circle Awards 2018
Best Branded Entertainment – Digital, Direct + Experiential Category SILVER WINNER – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Promax Europe 2018
Best On-Air Consumer Tie-In/Brand Integrated Spots, GOLD AWARD – Dave/Snickers Partnership
Best Channel Key Art/Poster Campaign, SILVER AWARD – Always On.., Dave
Best Integrated Marketing Campaign For A Programme, SILVER AWARD – Taskmaster Series 4 Launch, Dave
Promax UK 2017
Best VOD or OTT Service Promotion, SILVER AWARD – Dave on UKTV Play, UKTV Play
Best VOD or OTT Service Promotion, BRONZE AWARD – UKTV Play Xmas, UKTV Play
Promax Europe 2017
Best General Brand Campaign, SILVER AWARD – REALLY Brand 2016, REALLY
Promax UK 2016
Best General Channel Image Spot, GOLD AWARD – REALLY Brand 2016, REALLY
Best Use Of Animation, GOLD AWARD – Escape Christmas, Dave
Something For Nothing, BRONZE AWARD – Murder Made Me Famous, REALLY
2010 Best Interactive, Promax ANZ, BRONZE AWARD – Get More Of What You Love – TVNZ Online, TVNZ
Creative Manager – Dave, W, REALLY, UKTV Play & Network
June 2015 – Present
• Creative Head at UKTV, responsible for Dave, REALLY and UKTV Play
• Originating, developing and signing-off creative across three different brands
• Managing a team of five creatives plus freelance headcount
• Conceiving, writing, directing and editing larger scale projects
• Fostering positive collaborative relationships with five separate teams of Marketing stakeholders
• Liaising with external agencies to generate and deliver 360 off-air and digital campaigns.
• Responsible for team appointments, employee development and performance management
• Cover responsibilities for the Creative Director in his absence
• Key recent projects include the rebrand and launch of the W channel, ongoing quarterly brand campaigns on Dave, development work on the UKTV Play brand and pushing the crime genre on REALLY
May 2010 – May 2015
• Senior creative role working for a variety of broadcast and agency clients, on brands including Stella, Nintendo, Channel 4, E4, SyFy, MTV, BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three and ITV.
April 2009 – April 2010
• Lead creative role within the Creative Services department at New Zealand’s state broadcaster TVNZ.
• Solely responsible for the promo creative and branding across digital channels TVNZ 6 and TVNZ 7, as well as the on-air presence of TVNZ Online and Emerging Business.
• Managed a core team of 5 promo creatives, and provided daily feedback and creative sign-off to a team of 20 creatives working across a variety of programme genres and projects.
• Devised, directed and edited brand projects across terrestrial channels TVONE and TV2, including rebrands and online initiatives.
• Key role in department management including brand direction, promo allocation, new appointments and performance management.
September 2006 – March 2009
• Senior creative role producing and editing originated and clip-based on-air promos for FIVE, FIVE US and FIVER, as well as corporate and special ops commissions and network marketing projects.
• Worked with a Creative Director, Lead Creative and a team of Producers to conceive innovative and brand-defining solutions to brief.
• Fostered positive collaborations with designers, editors and directors to constantly achieve the highest possible quality of promo execution.
• Developed strong internal relationships to ensure brand accuracy and satisfaction of internal clients.
BA Honours Film & English Studies – First Class
University Of East Anglia, Norwich (1997-2000)
B-Tec Foundation Course in Art & Design – Merit Award (specialising in Graphic Design)
University Of Kingston (1996-1997)
A Levels – Art (A), English (A), Mathematics (B)
Sondes Place School, Surrey (1994-1996)